It was a really tough decision for the recipe testers and judges for this year’s Mushroom Festival Amateur Cook-off. The theme was Mushrooms Blended with Grassfed Beef and Lamb. The entries that came in were amazing and ranged the gamut from hummus and burgers to potstickers and chili. Cuisines ranged from Chinese and Mexican to Mediterranean and American. Each recipe was tested and rated by a panel of local food enthusiasts and the following six finalists were chosen:
- Rebecka Evans of Pearland, TX – American Fusion Patty Melt with Low Country Mushroom-Bacon Gravy
- Jill Gilber of Philadelphia, PA – Exotic Spiced Beef & Silky Buttered Mushrooms over Hummus
- Devon Delaney of Westport, CT – Ginger Snapped Lamb and Mushroom Lettuce Cups with Lemon Mint Yogurt Sauce & Buttered Pistachios
- Janine Washle, of Eastview, KY – Hunter’s Style Beef and Wild Mushrooms over Creamy Parmesan Grits
- Lynne Laino, of Downingtown, PA – Kennett Square Gyros with Tzatziki and Crispy Shiitakes
- Daniel Richeal of Kennett Square, PA – Mushroom Risotto with Savory Mushroom and Lamb Meatballs
6 ABC News’ Gina Gannon is coming to MC the event and judge the finalists. Come meet her!
Special thanks to our Cook-Off Sponsors: True Aussie Grassfed Beef and Lamb, Mushroom Council, Challenge Butter, and QVC/Kitchen Aid.
Each of the finalists will take home from the Cook-off at least a $100 Cash Prize, a $250 Gift Card and Party Pack from True Aussie Beef and Lamb and a Kitchen Aid 3.5-Cup One-Touch 2-Speed Chopper with Extra Bowl.
They will compete on Saturday, September 8 at 10:30 am in the Special Events Tent (State and Willow Streets). The first place winner will receive $1500 cash prize and a Golden Ticket to the World Food Championships to compete in the Burger Category ($1500 value). Second place receives a $300 cash prize and third place receives a $200 cash prize. There will be a special $250 cash prize for Best Use of Butter with Mushrooms.
Judging starts at 11:30 am with winner announced shortly after that. Come join us and see how these amazing recipes are made and which recipe wins the 2018 title for the Best Amateur Cook-off Winner.