Click on any question to view the answer.
What are the Mushroom Festival’s Street Fair hours?
- Saturday, September 8, 2018 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, September 9, 2018 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What is the admission?
Admission is $3 for guests 12 and over. Each guest receives a souvenir wristband, good for both days of the Festival..
Can I bring my pets?
No, we love our pets too, but leave them at home. By Borough ordinance pets are not allowed at the Festival.
Where is Lost and Found?
Lost and Found is at the main information booth at the intersection of State and Union Streets.
Are there maps and schedules of events?
You can pick up a complementary map and schedule of events at any entrance booth.
Where is First Aid?
There are two First Aid Stations:
- Corner of North and Union Street
- Near corner of Meredith and State Streets
Where are there restrooms?
- End of Genesis walk way (handicapped porta potty here)
- Alley at 114 East State Street (next to La Verona’s)
- Lafayette Street(by children’s rides)
- West State Street(by bus drop off)
- East State Street and Willow Streets
- Center Street
- The First Baptist Church (near Lafayette Street) is open with a Child Changing Station)
Where are there ATMs?
- Wells Fargo ATM at101 E State Street in the Genesis Building
- Two temporary ATMs set up in alley at 114 East State Street
- One at Santander Bank at Cypress and Center
- Inside Liberty Place — corner of State and Center Streets
Where do I park for the Festival?
- Follow the red Festival Parking signs to the satellite parking lots. Shuttle buses will take you into Kennett Square and drop you off at an entrance.
- Arriving from north and east of Kennett Square: Park at the Exelon complex. Buses will drop off at the East Entrance
- Arriving from south of Kennett Square: Park at Kennett High School. Buses will drop off at the West Entrance.
- Arriving from west of Kennett Square: Park at Kennett High School. Buses will drop off at the West Entrance.
- Handicapped parking is available at the Parking Garage on East Linden Street.
- Off-street parking is available around the Borough, but fills quickly.
Parking is $5/vehicle in the satellite parking lots.
Where do I pick up a shuttle to take me back to the parking lot?
At the same entrance where the shuttle dropped you off. The buses do not make a loop to the various parking lots.
Do you sell mushroom soup?
Yes. The official Mushroom Festival Mushroom Soup is made and sold at the Masonic Lodge on the corner of Center and Cypress Streets. It”s a great place to sit down and chill for a bit (it’s air conditioned) before spending more time out in the busy Street Fair.
Where can I buy mushrooms?
Mushrooms can be purchased near the Willow Street Entrance to the Mushroom Festival and near the Grower’s Exhibit on Broad Street. At the Mushroom Sales Booths consult with local mushroom growers about what variety of mushroom you can take home. Mushrooms for sale include white button, crimini, portabella, shiitake, maitake, and oyster. Hold onto your receipt to pick the mushrooms up at the end of the day from the refrigerated To-Jo mushroom trucks!
Where do I pick up my mushrooms?
Mushrooms are kept on To-Jo’s refrigerated trucks to keep them fresh until visitors are ready to pick them up. The trucks are located at Willow and State Streets and on North Broad Street behind the Kennett Square Inn. The Mushroom Trucks stay open until one-half-hour after the Festival closes.
Where can I buy souvenirs?
Visitors can buy Mushroom Festival souvenirs at the corner of East State & North Broad Streets (in front of the Growers’ Exhibit). Items include the annual Festival T-Shirt, mugs, tote bags, aprons, shot glasses and cookbooks and Stuffed Fun Gus (our mascot).
What time do the Festival children’s rides open and close?
Same hours as festival, tickets will not be sold one half hour before closing. There are no refunds for unused tickets.
What time is the Old Fashioned Carnival?
- Friday night, September 7: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, September 8: 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, September 9: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Where is the Old Fashioned Carnival located?
In the Genesis parking lot across from the high school at the corner of South Street and South Union Streets– 600 S. Broad Street. One-day wristbands may be purchased for $25, which allows you unlimited rides for that day.
Can I use Festival ride tickets at the Old Fashioned Carnival?
No! Tickets are not interchangeable.
When is the Community Parade?
Friday, September 7. Parade kicks-off at 6 pm from State and Willow Street.
What is Dining and Dancing in the Streets?
Since State Street remains closed after the Community Parade, we though it would be a great time to bring local dance band Good Foot into town for some great music. Our local restaurants are also bringing a few tables outside their establishments for patrons to enjoy the Community Parade and music. Good Foot plays from the Parade’s end until 9:30 pm.
When and Where is the Antique and Classic Car Show
Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. It is located on South Broad Street, across Cypress Street from the Street Fair.
When and Where is the Amateur Mushroom Appetizer Contest held?
The Amateur Mushroom Appetizer Cook-Off begins at 10:30 am on Saturday, September 8 in the Special Events Tent on East State and Willow Streets. Judging starts at 11:30 p.m.
When and Where is the National Fried Mushroom Eating Championship held?
The National Fried Mushroom Eating Championship is Saturday, September 8 in the the Special Events Tent at 3 pm.
Where is Volunteer Check-In?
The volunteer check point is located behind the main information booth at the center of the festival, the intersection of Union & State streets under the Genesis building clock tower.