The Amateur Mushroom Cook-Off is on Saturday, September 8 in the Special Events Tent.
Cooking starts at 10:30 am. Judging begins at 11:30 am.
The 2018 theme is: Mushrooms Blended with Grassfed Beef or Lamb.
Blended mushroom recipes require ground mushrooms to be mixed with a protein. As a trendy meat extender, the mushrooms create a unique, flavorful combination for burgers, meatballs, tacos, stuffing, or even a Bolognese sauce. The 2018 Mushroom Festival Amateur Cook-Off will focus on blending mushrooms with grassfed beef or lamb. At the Cook-off all recipes will be made with the Australian grassfed beef or lamb of our partner True Aussie Beef and Lamb.
The six finalists for the 2018 Amateur Mushroom Cook-off are:
- Rebecka Evans of Pearland, TX – American Fusion Patty Melt with Low Country Mushroom-Bacon Gravy
- Jill Gilber of Philadelphia, PA – Exotic Spiced Beef & Silky Buttered Mushrooms over Hummus
- Devon Delaney of Westport, CT – Ginger Snapped Lamb and Mushroom Lettuce Cups with Lemon Mint Yogurt Sauce & Buttered Pistachios
- Janine Washle, of Eastview, KY – Hunter’s Style Beef and Wild Mushrooms over Creamy Parmesan Grits
- Lynne Laino, of Downingtown, PA – Kennett Square Gyros with Tzatziki and Crispy Shiitakes
- Daniel Richeal of Kennett Square, PA – Mushroom Risotto with Savory Mushroom and Lamb Meatballs
Come cheer them on at the Cook-off!
Highlights from Previous Years