The mission of The Mushroom Festival is to promote the mushroom, educate consumers about the health benefits of mushrooms, and to promote tourism in Southern Chester County, all while financially supporting local and regional charities through a grant process.
To date The Mushroom Festival has distributed nearly $890,000 to charitable organizations. Please help us grow this number in 2017!
Quotes from a few Grant Recipients
Your grant helped support The Garage Community and Youth Center to help students not only stay in school and graduate on time, but also to avoid risky behaviors, increase self-esteem and to pursue post-secondary education.
The Mushroom Festival’s grant is greatly needed. The Crime Victims’ Center Latino/Hispanic Outreach efforts in the southern part of the county have intensified in the last several years as different needs involving this population have been identified. It is hoped that providing more services closer to where this population lives and works will encourage them to reach out to CVC for help.
–The Crime Victims’ Center
We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping make this dream come true.
–The Barn at Spring Brook Farm
Your support truly matters. It matters to the inmates who feel a sense of purpose as they raise CPL puppies through our Prison Puppy Raising Program. It matters to those who have been victims of crime who receive comfort and emotional support from our courthouse companion dogs as they face an intimidating legal process. And it matters to each and every CPL graduate whose lives are forever changed through the opportunities and independence afforded by a steadfast relationship with a service or companion dog.
–Canine Partners for Life:
Your continuing support allows us to make a real difference for our military families through our Emergency Financial Program in Southeast PA!
- Festival attendance can reach 100,00 visitors over the two-day Street Fair!
- The Mushroom Festival is a family event, attracting guests of all ages.
- The Street Fair is a mile-long event through the Borough of Kennett Square.
- Festival attendees generally come from the quad-state region of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland. We attract visitors from across the country and have international guests each year. Over the past few years we’ve seen a rise in visitation from the Baltimore and Washington DC areas.
- The Mushroom Festival is advertised on a local, regional and national level.
- Six levels of sponsorship are available! Choose the right one for you today!