September 7-8, 2019 – Always the First Weekend after Labor Day
Stay Tuned for more Information
We love animals too, but please leave your pets at home.
For the safety of your pet and others, pets are not allowed on the grounds of the Street Festival.
WHITE BUTTON SPONSORS
- 2018 Map and Schedule
- Become A Volunteer
- Register for National Fried Mushroom Eating Contest
- Details of the Cute-as-a-Button (Mushroom) Baby Photo Contest
- Register for Community Parade
- Register for the Antique and Classic Car Show
- Details for the Mushroom Run and Frances Ferranto Walk
- Become a Sponsor
- Results of the 32nd Annual Mushroom Festival
- Area Links
- In the News
Here’s What’s Happening
THE MUSHROOM FESTIVAL
A small group of mushroom enthusiasts decided to have a festival to celebrate Kennett Square’s number one cash crop with the hope of raising funds to give as scholarships to local high school students. In 1986 that became a reality as Kennett Square hosted its first Mushroom Festival. It was a one day affair and just one block long. Thirty-two years later the Festival stretches a mile and features culinary events, growing exhibits, children’s entertainment, and 250 vendors with attendance calculated at up to 100,000 guests. The Mushroom Festival's Grant Program has given $805,000 in grants to local non-profits since 2000. In 2016, 47 organizations received $85,000 in grants from the Mushroom Festival.