The theme is Mushrooms and Chicken for the 2017 Amateur Mushroom Cook-off. The Mushroom Festival received entries from around the country. After cooking and tasting all the recipes, six finalists were invited to cook their Mushroom and Chicken dish at the Amateur Mushroom Cook-off.
The Amateur Mushroom Cooking is on Saturday, September 9 in the Special Events Tent. Cooking starts at 10:30 am. Judging begins at 11:30 am.
2017’s Amateur Mushroom Cookoff Finalists
- Devon Delaney, of Westport, Connecticut: Bon Vivant Mushrooms and Chicken Crepes
- Hidemi Walsh, of Centreville, Virginia: Spicy Shiitake Tomato Pesto and Chicken Parmesan Pizza
- Christine Familetti, of Broomhall, Pennsylvania: Mushroom and Chicken Cannelloni with Mushroom Cognac Sauce
- Lynn Beamer, of Wadmalaw Island, South Carolina: Five Mushroom Tartine with Fresh Pickled Vegetables
- Ronna Farley, of Rockville, Maryland: Loaded Crimini Thai Sauced Chicken
- Sherry Kozlowski, of Morgantown, West Virginia: Chicken Procini Stuffed Ravioli with Creamy Mushroom Gravy
Each Finalist receives a $100 prize. The First Place winner at the Cook-off receives a $500 prize and the opportunity to compete in the World Food Championships in Orange Beach, Alabama this November.
Scenes from 2016 Amateur Mushroom Appetizer Cook-Off